Mortgage Assistance Options
The goal of mortgage assistance is for you to avoid foreclosure and keep your home. There are several options that may be available to you to prevent foreclosure. The options available to you depend upon your individual circumstances and the requirements of your loan investor.
If you are having financial difficulties, below are some of the options that may be available to you depending upon your circumstances:
A forbearance plan may be an appropriate option for you if you are experiencing a current, short-term financial hardship. This hardship may be due to loss of income resulting from unemployment, illness, or natural disaster. A forbearance plan will allow you to reduce or suspend your mortgage payment for a set period of time.
If you have experienced a financial hardship which impacts your ability to presently (or in the future) pay your loan, due to a change in your financial circumstances, then a modification may be the appropriate for you. Options include a possible rate reduction, an extension of the term of your loan, or even a principal deferment to reduce your total monthly payment to an affordable payment so that you can remain in your home.
Short Sale is intended for individuals who wish to sell their property quickly in order to repay indebtedness. If you are already pursuing loss mitigation options, contact your Case Manager at the appropriate subservicer to discuss this process.
Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
Deed-in-Lieu is intended for individuals who do not wish to retain their home. Deed-in-Lieu consists of turning the property over to the investor, eliminating the need for foreclosure action. If you are already pursuing your loss mitigation options, contact your Case Manager at the appropriate subservicer to discuss this process.
Who to Contact
If you are experiencing a financial hardship and are in need of mortgage assistance, we ask that you contact us:
Existing FHA, VA or USDA Loans
Mailing Address: Flagstar Bank
Loss Mitigation Department W-110-2
5151 Corporate Drive
Troy, MI 48098
All Other Existing Loans
Mailing Address: Arc Home c/o LoanCare Attention:
Loss Mitigation Department
3637 Sentara Way
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Mailing Address: 3001 Leadenhall Road, Suite 301
Mt Laurel , NJ 08054
Talk to a HUD Housing Counselor
Search online for a housing counseling agency near you or call HUD’s interactive voice system at (800)569-4287.
When being considered for financial assistance, the following
forms may be needed:
- A Mortgage Assistance Application, which can be accessed by contacting us using the contact information provided above.
- An IRS Form 4506-C (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).
If there are multiple borrowers:
- If you file your tax returns separately, each borrower must submit a separate dated and signed Form 4506-C.
- If you file joint tax returns, you may send in one Form 4506-C signed and dated by both joint filers.
- A hardship letter and documentation
- A completed Expense Statement dated and signed by all borrowers.
- Documentation to verify all the income of each borrower
- If you rely on alimony or child support to qualify, include documentation for this as well.